McHale is a family run business, which was established by brothers Padraic and Martin McHale. Over the last 30 years they have developed a range of specialist farm machinery focusing on balers and bale wrappers for the production of round and square baled silage, and round bales of hay and straw.
Check Out The Range Of McHale Balers
By Clicking The Tabs Below
- F5000 Series
- F5600 Plus
- Fusion 3
- Fusion 3 Plus
- Fusion Vario
- 991 B Series
- 991 High Speed
- Orbital Wrapper
- R3100 Rear Mower
- R3100 Front Mower
- Pro Glide B9000
- C460 Straw Chopper
McHale F5000 Series of Heavy Duty Fixed Chamber Round Baler consist of 3 Models F5400, F5500 and the F5600. As with all McHale machines the McHale F5500 fixed chamber round baler has been designed with the demands of today’s farmer and contractors in mind. This common sense approach to design ensures that machine operation is kept simple and user friendly. Features like progressive greasing and oiling and drop floor unblocking system, when combined with high specification components ensure long life, reliability and a machine that is rugged enough to handle the toughest of crop and ground conditions.
The guarding on the F5000 baler range has been designed using a durable twin skin composite, which is able to absorb the daily knocks and scratches these machines inevitably come in contact with. Once the guarding of the machine is opened up, the operator has easy access to the machine components. All machines in the F5000 range are equipped with a split drive gear box, which ensures that power is evenly distributed. The rollers in the bale chamber are driven from the left hand side of the machine, and the pickup and chopper unit are driven from the right hand side of the machine. This system ensures direct short transfer paths, leading to optimal power distribution.
The F5400 non chopper round baler comes standard with the McHale Drop Floor Unblocking System, 50mm Bearings on the bale chamber, heavy-duty chains and a continuous oiling system
The F5500 Chopper Baler comes Standard with 15 Knives and Features like progressive greasing and oiling and drop floor unblocking system, when combined with high specification components ensure long life, reliability and a machine that is rugged enough to handle the toughest of crop and ground conditions.
The McHale F5600 is fitted with a servo operated load sensing control valve and an expert plus control console, which makes the round baling process fully automatic. Once the round bale is formed, net is automatically applied; the tailgate then automatically opens releasing the high density round bale, the tailgate on the F5600 baler then automatically closes and pressurises. Comes with drop floor and auto greasing and oiling system and the F5600 also come with an optional 25 Knives
- 2.1m Pick Up
- High Capacity Fusion Rotor
- 25 Knife Chopper Unit
- Knife Pressure Display
- Knife Position Sensor
- Drop Floor Unblocking System
- 18 Roller Bale Chamber
- Load Sensing Valve
- Automatic Tailgate Opening & Closing
- 50 mm Bale Chamber Bearings
- 1’-1/4” Chain on the Bale Chamber
- Automatic Progressive Greasing System
- High Performance Film Binding System
- Continuous Oiler System
- Expert Plus Control Box with Large Graphic Display
- 500/50 – 22.5 tyres
- Ability to use Film or Net Bale Binding
The McHale Fusion 3 integrated Baler Wrapper consists of an 18 roller fixed chamber baler and an integrated vertical wrapping ring. Over the last 10 years, there has been constant pressure on Farmers and Contractors to reduce costs. In response to this McHale developed the McHale Fusion 3 integrated baler wrapper, which combines two traditionally separate jobs; namely baling and bale wrapping and integrates them into a single operation, which can be done by one man and one machine. The Fusion 3 is unique in that it has been specifically designed as a high output Integrated Baler Wrapper.
The McHale Fusion 3 is fully automatic and one user-friendly control console in the tractor cab controls the baling and wrapping process. The McHale Fusion 3 Integrated Baler Wrapper is a robust machine, which is simply not a wrapper coupled onto a baler; it has been specifically designed as a high output Integrated Baler Wrapper. The Fusion 3 Integrated Baler Wrapper is also unique in that it has a patented bale transfer. This results in keeping the Fusion 3 short and improving the machine’s performance and output over a days work. Producing 50-60 wrapped bales an hour the single pass patented McHale bale transfer, increases productivity and reduces operation costs, while increasing profits. Contractors and Farmers all over the world use the Fusion 3 integrated baler wrapper during their silage season in the production of round baled silage.
The McHale Fusion 3 integrated baler wrapper has gained a reputation for the production of high density bales and as a result of its highly accurate vertical wrapping ring, the Fusion 3 produces very good quality silage fodder.
McHale Fusion 3 integrated baler wrappers can be seen working during the Spring and Summer months in both hemispheres, the main crops baled are grass and lucerne or alfalfa however more progressive contractors and farmers are also baling other crops. The Fusion 3 integrated baler wrapper can also be used in the production of round bales of hay and straw bales, in which case the bale wrapping table can be used to accumulate the hay or straw round bales and leave them in pairs in the field for collection. The McHale Fusion 3 integrated baler wrapper has established a reputation for the production of high density round bales of silage, hay and straw.
The McHale Fusion 3 Plus integrated baler wrapper consists of an 18 roller fixed chamber baler and an integrated vertical wrapping ring. The McHale Fusion 3 Plus integrated baler wrapper uses Film on Film technology to apply film to the barrel of the bale in the bale chamber. The McHale Fusion 3 Plus is a fully automatic machine which is controlled by the McHale iTouch Control Unit and also has an inbuilt camera to monitor wrapper operation. The McHale patent film application system ensures consistent film stretch, reliable film application, delivers optimum bale shape and bale density. Should an operator wish to use netwrap for hay or straw this can be done with a simple adjustment.
The McHale Fusion 3 Plus is a fully automatic machine which is controlled by the McHale iTouch Control Unit. The McHale “iTouch System” has a 7 inch colour touch screen monitor, which allows for increased levels of monitoring, through its colour graphic display. The iTouch control unit also has an inbuilt systems to ensure that the plastic is applied to the bale. The operator can adjust the number of layers of film on film being applied to the bale and can also adjust the stretch of the film being applied to the bale in the bale chamber from the comfort of the tractor cab.
Film on Film technology
Film on film technology refers to the application of film to the barrel of the bale in the bale chamber. The film binds the bale together as it passes from the baler to the bale wrapper, which eliminates the need for string or net wrap. The film that binds the bale together forms a wrap layer and gives better film or plastic coverage on the largest surface of the bale.
The plastic which is added to the barrel of the bale to keep the bale together as the bale passes from the baler to the wrapper also forms part of the wrapping process and adds value by placing more plastic on the largest surface of the bale.
When plastic is applied to the barrel of the bale it can be stretched to approximately 20%. The stretch ratio is higher than what can be achieved with net wrap or twine and as a result the material is kept tighter, which ultimately results in better
HAY/ STRAW: The McHale Fusion Vario has the ability to make bales of hay and straw from 0.6 metres up to 1.68 metres or from 2′ up to 5′ 6″ .
HAYLAGE/ SILAGE: The McHale Fusion Vario can also produce bales of haylage or silage from 1.1 metres up to 1.45 metres or 3′ 3″ up to 4′ 8″ .
- 2.1 metre, five tine bar pick up
- Crop roller
- 15 Knife chopper system with heavy duty rotor
- Drop floor unblocking system
- Double drive variable bale chamber
- 3 belt bale chamber with endless belts
- Crop flow indicators
- Patented bale transfer delivering higher output
- High speed vertical wrapping ring
- i Touch control system
- Inbuilt camera system
- Fully automatic operation
i TOUCH CONTROL SYSTEM
- Large incab display
- Touch screen control
- Inbuilt camera technology
The McHale 991B range of round bale wrappers sets the pace for efficient and effective round bale wrapping. The 991 round bale wrapping range features practical design, quality components and precision engineering making the McHale bale wrapping range the first choice for contractors and farmers.
Packed with practical and reliable features, the 991B round bale wrapper range is designed with the efficient operator in mind. Round bale wrapper users should look towards the hydraulically operated cut and tie system, the efficient round bale wrapper dispenser, which maximises film usage and the 991B round bale wrappers patented ground supported damper system. Like all McHale round bale wrapper’s, the high output 991BJS bale wrapper will deliver a tightly wrapped silage bale that contains all the natural juices, which ensures increased nutritional value, while improving environmental protection.
All McHale 991B round bale wrappers feature the uniquely designed McHale patented ground supported bale damper system. This is one of the most important features on the McHale round bale wrapper range. Only a McHale round bale wrapper will give you a ground supported bale damper, which will gently lower the wrapped bale to the ground and at the same time eliminate all stress to the chassis of the round bale wrapper. When the rotating wrapping table stops on the 991BE round bale wrapper and is raised to the tip position, the heavy-duty bale damper raises to cradle the bale while a second arm is lowered automatically to the ground. The heaviest of round bales can then be gently lowered eliminating any damage.
McHale 991 High Speed, a bale wrapper, which can deliver 50% more output.
The McHale 991 high speed bale wrapper sets the pace for efficient and effective round bale wrapping. The 991 high speed bale wrapper features practical design, quality components and precision engineering making the McHale bale wrapping range the first choice for contractors and farmers.
Sales Manager at McHale – John Biggins said, “Over the last number of years contractors have been asking for a higher output bale wrapper. This demand has come about due to baler output increasing and also the move by some contractors to wrapping bales with six layers instead of four.”
“We have tested the 991 High Speed against the 991BE (a machine which is recognised in the market place as having an output of 60 bales per hour), for the test we made sure that oil flow and table rotations were the same, what we found was the 991 High Speed could wrap 3 bales while the 991BE could wrap two. Therefore it is fair to say that the 991 High Speed has 50% more output or can wrap 3 bales, while a similar single dispenser machine wraps two.
- Fully Automatic Operation
- Patented High Speed Bale Loading
- Patented High Speed Vertical Wrapping Ring
- Wrap Bales from 3’ 3” to 4’ 8” (1m – 1.48m)
- Proven and Reliable Cut and Hold System
- Gentle Bale Tip after Wrapping
- Film Break Sensors
- Facility to Wrap with One Roll
- Clever Film Loading
- Expert Plus Control Box
McHale Pro Glide R3100 Rear Mower
The Pro Glide range of mowers offers a number of unique features which deliver;
- Superior floatation
- Self adjusting cutter bar angle
- Constant cutter bar ground pressure
- Enhanced cutter bar protection
- Optimum conditioning
- Clean uniform swath
- Higher output
- Optimum transport position
- Greater visibility
McHale are introducing the new McHale Pro Glide R3100 to its Pro Glide range of mowers. This rear mower uses unique Patented Ground Following Technology, break-back protection, clever hydraulic ground pressure control and heavy duty bed design which make the Pro Glide a smart choice for farmers and contractors alike.
To achieve the maximum performance and results from a rear mower, the cutter bar and mower suspension work together to deliver uncontaminated forage.
As a result McHale have developed a unique patented ground adaption technology which delivers 3 dimensional ground contour tracking for its Pro Glide range of rear mowers. This allows the mower an arc of movement from left to right and also allows the mower to move forward and back to adjust to changes in ground conditions.
The Pro Glide range of rear mowers are fitted with patented ground adaption technology, which allows the bed to move back and up if the bed encounters small obstacles.
This saves time and maximises throughput as it means the obstacle does not trigger the main break back protection. This results in higher mowing speeds being able to be achieved without the interruption of having to reset the break back.
The Pro Glide rear suspension springs react instantly to ground contours, which results in a high quality cut even when working at high ground speeds.
This allows the mower to easily mow on rough or undulating terrain and still deliver optimum results and if the mower hits an immovable object, it is fitted with a mechanical break back, which will be triggered.
On the Pro Glide rear mowers, the cutter bar ground pressure can be set from the tractor cab.
The working pressure is visually displayed on the clock which is mounted on the headstock. Once the desired pressure is selected the cutter bar working pressure can be isolated from the tractor hydraulics with a mechanical tap.
For transportation, the McHale Pro Glide folds vertically to position itself behind the centre point of the tractor for safe transport.
The transport height of the machine is reduced as the mower bed is at 110 degree angle. This position allows for the mower to distribute its weight across the tractor for ease of transport on the road while also providing the driver with a clear view from his rear view mirrors.
McHale Pro Glide F3100 Front Mower
The Pro Glide range of mowers offers a number of unique features which deliver:
- Superior floatation
- Self adjusting cutter bar angle
- Constant cutter bar ground pressure
- Enhanced cutter bar protection
- Optimum conditioning
- Clean uniform swath
- Higher output
- Optimum transport position
- Greater visibility
Standard Features on the new McHale Pro Glide F3100 include:
- Tubular frame with integrated suspension design
- Springs provide excellent ground following ability
- Automatic bed angle adjustment
- Patented constant ground pressure
- 17 degree transverse movement (left / right movement)
- 500 mm adaptive range (up / down movement)
- Excellent headland height clearance of over 600 mm
- Foldable guards give optimum access to the cutter bar
- Narrow transport width provides excellent visibility
The integrated suspension allows the mowing unit to move completely independently from the front linkage.
This guarantees the best possible pattern of movement of the mower unit by allowing the cutter bar to immediately respond in an up and down, or left and right motion to changes in ground conditions. At standard settings the cutter bar has a remarkable 500 mm adaptive range, which allows the mower to automatically adjust to ground contours.
McHale’s design team have designed the frame on the Pro Glide front mower to place the centre of gravity as close as possible to the tractor, which results in unrivalled responsiveness to changes in ground conditions.
The support frame on the McHale Pro Glide mower responds to uneven terrain to glide over the ground through the use of an integrated suspension.
The transverse pivot range of 17 degrees allows the cutter bar to follow right to left or left to right changes in ground conditions, without overloading the cutter bar.
When faced with an incline or decline in ground conditions the cutter bar automatically adjusts its mowing angle by inclining upwards over bumps and slants downwards into dips which ensures unrivalled cutting performance.
The McHale Pro Glide front mower range is fitted with patented active spring compensator technology which ensures that the mower cutter bar always applies the same ground pressure regardless of the working height.
When the ground pressure is set on the springs as the mower travels downward the patented active spring compensator controls the spring tension and ensures that the weight of the cutter bar on the ground is kept uniform regardless of the working height
McHale Pro Glide R3100 Rear Mower & B9000 Combination Mower
McHale offer farmers and contractors a single rear mower, the Pro Glide R3100, with a cutting width of 3.1 metres and a combination mower, the Pro Glide B9000, which has a cutting width of 6 metres. Both these mowers possess a number of common features which are highlighted below.
The McHale Pro Glide R3100 and B9000 mowers comes standard with unique patented ground following technology, break-back protection, hydraulic ground pressure control and heavy duty bed design which make the Pro Glide a smart choice for farmers and contractors alike.
- The Pro Glide range of rear and combination mowers is fitted with patented ground adaption technology which allows the bed to move back and up if the bed encounters small obstacles. This saves time and maximises throughput as it means the obstacle does not trigger the main break back protection. This results in higher mowing speeds being able to be achieved without the interruption of having to reset the break back. If the mower hits an immovable object, it is fitted with mechanical break back which will be triggered.
- The Pro Glide rear suspension springs react instantly to ground contours which results in high quality cut even when working at high ground speeds. This allows the mower to easily mow on rough or undulating terrain and still deliver optimum results.
- On the Pro Glide rear and combination mowers the cutter bar ground pressure can be set from the tractor cab. The working pressure is visually displayed on the clock which is mounted on the headstock. Once the desired pressure is selected the cutter bar working pressure can be isolated from the tractor hydraulics with a mechanical tap.
- On the McHale Pro Glide range of rear and combination mowers the gearbox powering the cutter bar is located behind the first mower disc which allows the operator to mow into corners and over rough terrain with no problems occurring.
- For transportation, the McHale Pro Glide folds vertically to position itself behind the centre point of the tractor for safe transport. The transport height of the machine is reduced thanks to the positioning of the mower bed at 110 degree angle on the Pro Glide R3100 to measure at a height of 3.9 metres while the Pro Glide B9000 is positioned vertically in transport to measure at a height of 4.2 metres.
- This position allows for the centre of gravity to be close to the tractor which ensures even weight distribution and stability during transport at high speeds on the road or in uneven fields.
- This position allows for the mower to distribute its weight across the tractor for ease of transport on the road while also providing the driver with a clear view from his rear-view mirrors.
The 3 metre Pro Glide cutter bar is powered by a heavy duty right angle gearbox which is positioned behind the inner top hat.
- The Pro Glide cutter bar has been designed so the rounded low profile front edge lets the fully welded cutter bar glide smoothly over the ground.
- The slanted leading edge of the cutter bar allows for clean forage separation and reduces ground contamination even when working in lodged crops.
Large heavy duty spur gears take the PTO power and transfer it to the discs.
- Each individual disc is driven by a smaller spur gear.
- The spur gears which drive the individual discs are mounted forward on the cutter bars which deliver maximum cutting performance even when working in lodged crops.
The mowing discs are specifically designed to maximise crop flow.
- Each mowing disc has its own individual protective safety mechanism, if a collision occurs, the mechanism will shear in order to protect the drive.
- The blades are free to spin 360° which makes them self-cleaning and stops them fouling on the knives on neighbouring discs.
- The knives orbit with a generous overlap, which ensures a clean cut, while also feeding a smooth flow of cut material to the rear of the mower.
The McHale Pro Glide comes standard with a steel tine conditioner to help you cut and condition the grass as efficiently as possible.
- The position of the steel tines allow for powerful conditioning which ensure the McHale Pro Glide range can deliver fast uniform wilting leading to a neat fluffy swath.
- Should a tine come into contact with a foreign object they pivot out of the way.
- Power is transmitted from the cutter bar to the rear of the mower to drive the rotor for the tine conditioner on the McHale Pro Glide range
- The conditioner is driven by a mechanical gearbox. Conditioning speeds can be adjusted between 700 rpm and 1000rpm with the simple pull of a lever.
For more information on the McHale Pro Glide Range of Mowers click on the link below to read the Profi Driving Impression
The McHale C460 can be used to distribute bedding material quickly and efficiently leaving a thick aerated bed of straw. Can also be used to feed round bales of silage. The McHale C460 bale feeder & straw blower is a versatile machine, which can be used for feeding short fibre silage and can also be used to easily distribute long fibre fodder such as hay and straw. A key feature of the McHale C460 is its twin speed independent gearbox, which allows the operator to easily adjust the rpm from 280 rpm for feeding silage or hay up to 540 rpm for using the machine to distribute straw for bedding.
Key Features on the McHale C460 include:
- High Torque Belt Drive Rotor
- Specially designed flywheel to facilitate good discharge and excellent clean out.
- 2 speed gearbox – to increase or reduce flywheel rpm for bedding or feeding.
- Bedding of straw up to 18 metres.
- Joystick controlled discharge chute to facilitate bedding and feeding.
- Self-loading tailgate.
- 3 stage feeding chute.
- 300-degree swivel chute.
The McHale C460 is an ideal machine for feeding silage and hay, the two speed gearbox allows silage to be distributed exactly where it is desired. The speed of the conveyor is proportionally controlled, allowing the operator to adjust feeding speed depending on material density and composition.
The McHale C460 can be used to distribute bedding material quickly and efficiently leaving a thick aerated bed of straw. In difficult to access bedding areas, the chute on the McHale C460 can pass through 300 degrees for ease of feeding. Straw can be blown 18m on the right hand side and 13m to the left hand side of the machine.